Maternity Care with Heart!
At CommuniCare Health Centers, we believe you deserve respectful, informed, individualized Perinatal Care. Our Perinatal Program includes comprehensive services for prenatal and postpartum care. We believe that pregnancy and birth are normal life processes. Our Certified Nurse Midwives work in collaboration with Physicians, Health Educators, Nutritionists, Social Workers and Breastfeeding Specialists to provide the best and safest care for you and your baby.
Your prenatal care is the key to your baby’s healthy start in life!
Your professional care team provides services based on your individual needs and preferences to benefit the overall health of mother and baby. Your team of trained bilingual staff monitors the physical, emotional and social well-being of mother and family throughout the pregnancy, birth and postpartum period. Gentle, nurturing care is provided by people who respect you, your family and your beliefs.
Our bilingual Perinatal program staff will help you to learn and understand all about your pregnancy, birthing and your baby, and be well-informed about breastfeeding and newborn care during your prenatal and postpartum visits and through our free classes.
Your baby will be born at Sutter Davis Hospital in the Birthing Center. The Sutter Davis Hospital Birthing Center is known throughout the region as a high-quality and family-centered facility for maternity and newborn care.
- The Birthing Center has the lowest c/section rate in California
- Vaginal Birth after Cesarean is offered
- All labor and postpartum rooms are private, comfortable and accommodating for you and your labor support team.
- Rooms with adjustable lighting create a calm, quiet environment.
- Each room has a shower and some rooms include a birthing tub for water births.
- Your partner and family are welcome to be with you when your baby is born.
- Doula Services for labor support
- Breastfeeding support
Frequently Asked Questions
We have trained insurance specialists to help you with the MediCal application process –there is no need to apply before your first appointment.
Yes, we have day and evening appointments available with night clinic hours in Davis, Woodland, West Sacramento and Winters.