Care for Families and Youth
Safely guiding you through challenging times with compassionate, trauma-informed care.
CommuniCare’s Family & Youth Services team specializes in a compassionate, trauma-informed approach to care. Youth services are offered in-clinic, in-home, at the Yolo County Juvenile Detention Facility, at select schools and other sites within our community.
We use numerous therapeutic models to treat your unique needs, such as Trauma-focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Parent Child Interactive Therapy (PCIT), Co-Parenting, EMDR, art therapy, and more.
If you are experiencing a crisis, call the Yolo County Mental Health Access 24/7 CRISIS LINE
(888) 965-6647 / TDD (800) 735-2929
- School-based services and support programs within Yolo County.
- Free resources for youth/young adults identifying as LGBTQ+.
- Preventive health screening, diagnostics and treatment for youth up to age 21.
- Individual, family and child therapy, including Wraparound services, a service to prevent or reduce out-of-home placements and develop problem-solving skills, coping skills, and self-efficacy for clients referred by Yolo County Child Welfare or Probation Department.
Services are often by referral only, but please call the Woodland Family Wellness Center for more information at (530) 662-2211.
Programs for Families and Youth
On-site child psychiatrists work closely with the Youth Services Behavioral Health team providing comprehensive psychiatric evaluations that incorporate biological, psychological, and social factors.